Is It Worth Advertising on Tik Tok?
As someone who’s running a brand or business or working in a digital marketing agency in Malaysia (or anywhere else in the world, for that matter), you might be wondering – is it worth advertising on Tik Tok? The answer is a resounding yes! Tik Tok is a social media platform that allows you to create short videos in which you lip-sync, dance to your favorite songs, or create bite-sized content for followers in video format. It’s a fun place where people can express themselves creatively, make new friends, and build an audience for their work.
So, why should you advertise on Tik Tok? You should know that Tik Tok is one of the most popular social media platforms globally and has over 500 million users, mostly teenagers and young adults between 15 and 29 years. It’s one of the few platforms that has grown its user base even after Facebook and Instagram have seen declines.
Tik Tok is definitely worth advertising on but how much do you know about Tik Tok? We’ve put together this guide to help you understand what Tik Tok is all about, why it may be a good fit for your brand, and how you can use it to your advantage.
How can your business benefit from Tik Tok advertising?
Tik Tok has a massive audience of young people who have a lot of time and money to spend. If your brand can get in front of them, there’s potential for your business to benefit in many ways.
Here are some specific benefits you can reap when advertising on Tik Tok:
- Brand awareness: Your target audience will be exposed to your brand through actual ads or organic content shared by creators, who often collaborate with brands based on their interests or passions. When you advertise on social media platforms like Tik Tok, people will see your ads in their feeds or at the top or bottom of a video they’re watching. This helps them become aware of your brand and its products or services even if they don’t click through to visit your website (or even realize that they’ve seen one of your ads).
- Testing the market: You can use Tik Tok as an experimental platform for new products or services, especially if the product category isn’t well-established yet (like gaming). Once you monitor how users respond to certain types of content from different creators, you’ll know more about what drives their purchases and whether they’re ready for more options from other companies like yours yet. This could help guide future marketing efforts outside this platform as well as within it.
- Community building: Creators are influential among members of their niche communities because they produce original content regularly – more often than most businesses do! So, if creators choose to share posts about products that interest them personally rather than just promoting those made by the companies themselves, then those messages can become viral very quickly because they come directly from someone trusted within the community. This helps you appear more authentic compared to other forms of advertising found online today.
- Brand loyalty: As people watch more videos from brands that interest them on TikTok, they may become more loyal to those brands over time. Brands can build positive associations between their own name/logo and positive values associated with the said creator(s). This will lead viewers whose opinions haven’t yet been formed to think favorably towards both parties involved.
The Different Types Of Tik Tok Ads
If you choose to go down the paid advertising route rather than the influencer marketing route, you can choose from three types of ads on Tik Tok:
- Brand takeover ads: These are the typical mobile app ads you see in your feed or on the sides of pages, and they usually take up a lot of space.
- In-feed native content: If you’re familiar with Facebook’s sponsored posts, then these will look similar. In-feed native ads appear as if they’re organic posts rather than an ad, but that doesn’t mean brands don’t pay for them to reach Tik Tok users with specific interests or demographics.
- Top view ads: Top view ads are Tik Tok’s answer to skippable pre-roll video ads (think YouTube), allowing users to skip through videos before viewing them for free after watching an ad first. Unlike other platforms, there are no skip limits here – you can watch as many top view ads as you want!
Now that you know the basics of Tik Tok ads, it’s time to start using them to reach a wider audience, generate more leads, and sell more products and services!