Top 10 Instagram Influencers in Malaysia 2023
Before reading this post, there’s almost a 100% chance that you’ve been on Instagram at least once today. Instagram is everyone’s favorite social media platform, regardless of age, gender, occupation, background, or interests. We wake up with a fresh feed of posts tailored to our individual interests and go to bed checking out our favourite Instagram influencer‘s profile page on the very same platform with our phones in hand. Just late last year, CNBC reported that Instagram has more than 2 billion monthly active users worldwide. To put that figure into perspective, that’s a quarter of our world’s population – a whopping 25% of the world’s population is on this one social media platform.
Now, what does that mean? That means users can gain access to just about any kind of content with a single tap of a button. However niche you may think your interest is, there is a whole community on Instagram that shares the same interest.
Connect With Billions of Instagram Users on a Single Platform
For brands and businesses, they are able to tap into the potential of Instagram marketing to reach a large pool of audience and exponentially accelerate business growth. A popular and proven way to market through Instagram is with KOLs and influencers, also known as influencer marketing. If you’re looking to partner up with an influencer on this platform for brand exposure, here’s a list of the top 10 Instagram influencers (based on their follower count) in Malaysia 2023.
Siew Pui Yi @ms_puiyi – 18.7M Followers
- Topping the list with 18.7 million followers is entrepreneur, artist, and fashion icon Siew Pui Yi. Her feed is filled with snapshots and clips of her fun and exciting lifestyle, and over on her Instagram stories, her large following can take a peek into her adventures when she’s travelling the globe. Besides being a successful Instagram influencer, she is also involved in the music scene; releasing music videos and showing off her natural musical and dance talents. Her audience demographics consist of both genders and hail from several countries such as the United States, Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia.
Dato’ Siti Nurhaliza Tarudin @ctdk – 8.8M Followers
- Having released more than 20 albums in her years as a prominent singer, it’s no surprise Dato’ Siti Nurhaliza Tarudin ranks as one of the top Instagram influencers in Malaysia. Her success and influence don’t stop there; she is also a founder of multiple businesses and does endorsements for big brands such as Maybelline, Samsung, Mitsubishi, and more. On her Instagram account, she mostly shares pictures and clips revolving around her life as a mother and artist.
Neelofa @neelofa – 8.7M Followers
- Named among ‘Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia’ in 2017, Noor Neelofa Mohd Noor is a Malaysian actress, model, entrepreneur, and influencer. From modest Muslim women’s clothing to food & beverage, she is the founder of several businesses. Her Instagram posts reflect her lifestyle as a businesswoman and an influencer as she shares pictures of herself at conferences, events, and movie premieres.
Razizan Razak @zizanrazak869 – 7.9M Followers
- Besides being one of Malaysia’s top social media influencers, Mohd Razizan bin Abdul Razak is also an actor, comedian, rapper, and businessman. On his Instagram page, he mostly shares snippets of his day-to-day life as an actor, attending movie premieres and conferences, and occasionally brings his 7.9 million followers behind the scenes on movies he’s in by posting some BTS clips.
Nora Danish @noradanish – 7.4M Followers
- Coming in at No. 5 on the list of the top 10 Instagram influencers in Malaysia is Nora binti Mohd Danish Hanif. Her Instagram followers are able to get a glimpse into her life as a well-known actress in Malaysia and catch some exclusive BTS content! Besides that, she also regularly posts Instagram reels where she uploads content ranging from dance covers, lip-sync videos, day-in-a-life style clips, and wholesome family-centred content.
Mira Filzah @mfmirafilzah – 7.3M Followers
- Nur Amirah “Mira” Filzah Badioezaman is a fellow actress, host, influencer, and entrepreneur in Malaysia. On her Instagram page, she posts a variety of content for her millions of followers to engage with, from promoting her next movie and latest endorsements to sharing her latest family travel and food pictures. She also takes time out of her busy schedule to post content that engages with her followers on this platform.
Janna Nick @jannanick – 6.2M Followers
- With her latest song, “Gatal”, blowing up on other social media platforms and 6.2 million followers on Instagram, Janna Nick comes in at No.7. Besides being a singer and influencer, she is also an actress, director, host, and producer. Not only that, but she is also the CEO of Malaysia-based production house, Janna Nick Studios. On her Instagram feed, she shares various engaging content revolving around her life.
Hanis Zalikha @haniszalikha – 6.2M Followers
- Instagram influencer, entrepreneur, and celebrity; Hanis Zalikha Zainal Rashid makes the list with 6.2 million followers. Her Instagram feed has more of a personal touch to it; with pictures of her travel adventures with her family. She also designs a wide range of hijabs for her very own fashion, beauty, and lifestyle brand, Cakenis. Her wholesome and engaging content successfully pulls in audiences from Malaysia, the United States, and France.
Scha Alyahya @schaalyahya – 6.2M Followers
- Deemed her personal blog, Sharifah Nor Azean binti Syed Mahadzir Alyahya, better known by her stage name “Scha Alyahya” takes to her Instagram account to post and share snippets of her daily life as a Malaysian influencer, model, actress, and TV host. As a brand ambassador to several popular brands, she also utilises her account to promote the brands she endorses.
Madam Amyra @aamyrarosli – 6M Followers
- Last but not least, among the top 10 most popular Instagram influencers in Malaysia is Nur Amira Izzati Rosli, a Malaysian actress, host, model, and Instagram influencer. Her refreshing feed of posts includes wholesome family pictures, a sprinkling of brand promotions, and fashionably-styled OOTD pictures.
Here’s a recap of the Top 10 Instagram Influencers in Malaysia 2023
- Siew Pui Yi @ms_puiyi – 18.7M Followers
- Siti Nurhaliza Tarudin @ctdk – 8.8M Followers
- Neelofa @neelofa – 8.7M Followers
- Razizan Razak @zizanrazak869 – 7.9M Followers
- Nora Danish @noradanish – 7.4M Followers
- Mira Filzah @mfmirafilzah – 7.3M Followers
- Janna Nick @jannanick – 6.2M Followers
- Hanis Zalikha @haniszalikha – 6.2M Followers
- Scha Alyahya @schaalyahya – 6.2M Followers
- Madam Amyra @aamyrarosli – 6M Followers
*Statistics as of 23 August 2022
Connecting with the right influencer for your business may be crucial but keeping up with Instagram’s new and updated features is just as important. Social media platforms like Instagram are consistently getting updated with new features, which means you may fall behind if you don’t revamp your Instagram marketing strategy.
Exponentially Increase Brand Exposure With The Right Instagram Influencer
Do you know what the most engaging in-feed social content on Instagram is? There’s long-form and short-form content, images, GIFs, audio, and so much more; which type of format will better suit the content you intend to deliver? What kind of influencer marketing campaigns will benefit your product/services? Should you engage with lifestyle influencers or beauty influencers, or will any social media influencer suffice?
If you’re unsure of how and where to start, call us. Our marketing experts are here to help you find the best way to market effectively.
Join the discussion - 0 Comment